Welcome to the Leeds Children's Social Work Service Procedures Manual
We have been rated "Outstanding" by OFSTED.
Welcome to the Leeds City Council Children's Social Work Service Procedures Manual. Please see 'Using the Procedures' for details of how to use the online procedures. These are some of the key elements you need to be aware of:
- Procedures - this contains the main policies and procedures that ensure we comply with the law and statutory guidance when safeguarding the needs of the children and families we work with;
- Resources and Forms Library - this contains additional local guidance, forms, tools, and other information that supports and complements the policies and procedures in the procedures section;
- Children's Homes Procedures - this contains policies and procedures for our Children's Homes;
- The West Yorkshire Consortium Safeguarding and Child Protection Procedures should be read alongside these procedures as they contain guidance for all practitioners on a range of topics including, Children who are Missing, Trafficked Children, Modern Slavery, Child Sexual Exploitation, Child Criminal Exploitation, and Radicalisation and Extremism and Female Genital Mutilation (FGM);
- The manual is updated on a regular basis, and you can register to be alerted to any change by 'Registering for Updates'.
Last Updated: August 8, 2022